Our House

Our House

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Master Bedroom-Done?

Here is our bedroom "completed". When I say "completed" I mean that the construction is over but its definitely not done.




I like this room, I do. It is very calming. However we decorated it two years ago...I feel like our design sense has developed a lot since then. The color on the walls is "Restful" by Behr which is a fitting title. I like it but I think I'm over it. The bedroom is full of earthy tones but I would like something clean and modern...
The bedroom set was a very generous gift from a family member who didn't need it anymore. It is very good quality but again not really my style now that I "think" I know what "my style" is. The lamps are from Ikea. We usually have a green bedspread but I changed it to this old white one I had for the summer. 

We also need some artwork to hang in the bedroom! We have a lot of empty wall space. 




We bought these curtains right after we moved in at Bed Bath and Beyond for $40 each. I would like something more fun/modern but it would be hard to part with these! They are noise blocking/light blocking. They do a VERY good job blocking light it is like a cave in there which is great for sleeping. The noise blocking is also important because about 10 feet from this side of the house is my neighbor's house and they have a daycare. And the entrance for the daycare is right outside our bedroom window...

You can also see my lovely $15 mirror in the above picture. It is not hanging yet because I would like to do something to beef it up...molding? Tile?




This is a view of our bedroom from the now en suite bathroom. We still don't have a bathroom door up! The door in the left of this picture is to the closet under the stairs which is now part of our bedroom. It is a coat closet. 




The too small rug ($10 from Ikea!) is there to cover where we knocked the wall down....Umm yeah we did not replace the whole floor. That is definitely something that we want to do when have the money (Dark hardwood?????) but for now we took a strip of carpet from the spare room that we are using as a "garage" and glued it down...Not the most "professional" fix. Buttt it works and you can't really tell.




That's the edge of the patched carpet in the above picture.

Soo that is the master "in progress". I will write other posts on the bathroom and closet portions of the master!

2 comments: