Our House

Our House

Friday, August 16, 2013

Buying Appliances Online

When we bought our house there was no fridge which wasn't surprising for a foreclosure. There was a veryyy old looking dishwasher, an old huge microwave that sat on the counter, and a white stove which was in decent shape. I really wanted to get all new appliances but I wasn't sure if we would be able to afford them right away.

But then my coworker told me about US Appliance. She got all four of her stainless steel kitchen appliances on there for $2000! They have special builder packages that you can choose from. We got the Frigidaire package (Looks like it went up $50 in price). Besides being a good deal, since it is online there is no sales tax! And they deliver for free! It was very easy to order and the appliances came in about a week. They actually came faster than I thought and we weren't ready to put them in as we were still painting the kitchen.


These are pretty basic appliances. So not for everyone but they meet our needs! It has been two years since we got them and I have no complaints. Our glass stove top did inexplicably get a crack in it right after we took it out of the box. So I am not sure if that happened during delivery. But the appliances came with the standard Frigidaire one year warranty so once I called Frigidaire they sent a mechanic out right away and fixed it for free.

This was the majority of the budget for our kitchen but I think it was worth it. We had to buy everything but a stove anyway and buying through this website with no sales tax we saved enough money to afford all four. We did give our stove to someone else so it did not go to waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment