Our House

Our House

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Yard Sale Finds- Furniture!

It takes a lot of garage sales usually to find good furniture. I finally found some this past weekend. I got the oak office chair for $10. That's more than I would usually spend on a chair, especially when I find chairs for free on the curb all the time. But this is a solid oak antique chair that is in great condition from the 1940's. I am not sure what I am going to do with it yet. I definitely won't be painting it since it is an antique and in good condition! (By the way I found what looks like the exact same chair online for $150! http://classifieds.apartmenttherapy.com/posts/50987-classic-1940s-gunlocke-swivel-desk-chair?rf=5432)

I bought the end table for $5. It is in okay shape and has wood veneer. I bought it with our master bedroom in mind for when I re-do it (my husband wants me to finish some other projects before re-doing a room that is already done...). I may attempt to re-stain the veneer or paint it. I am going to wait and see what the bed looks like first. I was excited about this end table because so many that I see are laminate so at least with veneer you have the possibility of staining. 


No comments:

Post a Comment