Our House

Our House

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Bathroom Hardware Update

We have a full bathroom upstairs that right now is the bathroom all of our guests use as the downstairs half bath only functions half of the time. The bathroom has the original blue toilet, tile, and bathtub. It is in pretty good shape so I don't plan on making any major changes. I actually like the vintage blue...


The only change that I have made so far, besides adding some accessories, is to update the hardware. I did this last year and it is still in perfect shape. The doorknob and toilet handle were already oil rubbed bronze so I bought one can of Rustoleum oil rubbed bronze spray paint. I did several light coats and did not even use the whole can so this was a $4 project. The hardware was a mish-mash before. 


And beautiful and shiny now! I let them dry for several days to make sure I didn't mess up any of the paint when I re-installed the hardware (And yes I actually un-installed and re-installed all by myself. Okay well there was one stuck screw I needed help with).


Here is the bathroom today. I hung up some art I already had before we bought this house and that's about it.






I think the oil rubbed hardware helped to bring the room together some. Now I would like to paint the walls, paint the medicine cabinet and vanity, clean the grout, and do something with the shower. You can see above that we have an angled ceiling in the shower. I bought that curtain and rings from the Dollar Tree about an hour before we were having an overnight guest...I haven't replaced it yet as I want to wait to spend my money on something I really love. I think most people with a shower like this get one of those rods shaped like an L so that it will fit. I feel like that makes the shower a lot smaller so I don't know. Having the regular rod at an angle has actually worked fine so far and I just hook the top curtain ring on the top of the rod so that it won't slide down. And I could hem a shower curtain to fit the space? We will have to see...

No comments:

Post a Comment