Our House

Our House

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Customizing Cork Boards

Cork boards are awesome right? They have so many different uses. I decided to use cork boards as art. I wanted to make some motivational art for my cubicle and when I went to buy a canvas at the craft store I saw the below square cork boards and decided to buy those instead. I believe it was $10 for four at Michaels plus I had a coupon of course.

I found a quote I liked on Pinterest and used stickers to cover up the cork board. I wanted there to be some cork board visible. I then painted over the stickers with a test pot of house paint. It took a couple coats for full coverage so I used craft paint on later projects and that worked better.


Since making the above cork board I have made several as gifts. I like the below one where I taped off the edges with painter's tape. 


I made this one for my mom...I actually got it out of my neighbor's trash and then painted it. I told my mom this as soon as I gave it to her and she was very proud. I traced the letters from my computer screen to paper and then cut them out and traced around them like I did here

My pretty mommy

This is another project that you don't have to be an artist to do! Painting a cork board is a creative way to make art or to actually use as a cork board. 

No comments:

Post a Comment