Our House

Our House

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Stenciled Bench

I was gifted this wooden bench a couple months ago. I primed it and then it sat for a while because I wasn't sure where I wanted to use it. I finally decided to put it on the front porch. I painted it white but then wanted to do something else to brighten it up. 


I decided to use some of the leftover paint from our front door. At first I tried a stencil on the seat with a patterned piece of paper...that didn't work so I wiped it right off. So then I went on Pinterest and found this tutorial from House Tweaking. Since a toilet paper roll is something that I had laying around and required no money I decided to give it a go. I just dipped it right into the quart of paint.

My circles are mostly straight and some have more paint than others. About halfway through, the toilet paper roll started coming apart so I just switched to the other side. I think it looks pretty good considering it was free and the stenciling took less than half an hour!


No comments:

Post a Comment