Our House

Our House

Friday, October 25, 2013

Pumpkin Painting Again

I got a second chance to decorate a pumpkin at work yesterday. We had a fall party and pumpkin decorating. The party was a big success with lots of yummy food and although not everyone participated in the pumpkin decorating it was a nice afternoon de-stresser.

I found two recipes I wanted to try on Pinterest and made pumpkin bars for our party and smores bars for my friend Kim's birthday. They both turned out really well. Although I did learn what the broiler feature on my oven is and that it can burn things quickly with my marshmallows.



As with my other pumpkin, I had a hard time deciding what to make with this one. But then I decided to do an owl which seemed like the obvious choice because, um, I have owl stuff everywhere (sweaters, lunchbox, pillow, cookie jar, statues, picture, vases...). I also thought the pumpkin that I had was a good shape for an owl. 


I googled different pictures of owls and then drew a rough sketch of what I wanted mine to look like. 


I thought about using different browns and blacks for my owl but picked some Halloweeny colors to make it more fun. 

I got a huge set of these paints from Home Depot on Black Friday last year for $10!
I drew my owl with a pencil first on my pumpkin and then painted it. It took a while to do all of the different parts and I needed two coats of paint. So about an hour for the whole thing. I like the end result and it was a lot of fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment