Our House

Our House

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Posts Boxed Out

In this post I talked about our failed attempts at getting rid of lead paint that resulted in even better porch posts. However I never shared the after photos!

After cutting the wood to size and installing it, Pascal and I primed it with oil based primer, caulked all the cracks, and painted with exterior high gloss white paint. Once the wood was up the finishing steps were not hard! I am happy with the finished result. I think it makes a big difference from the blue posts that were too skinny. Although now the crisp white paint is making the rest of the house look dirtier...Still working on that. I would recommend buying the pre-primed wood planks for a smoother finish but we can live with the somewhat textured pressure treated wood.

I just like this picture because my plants are alive



You can see how our aluminum trim looks dingy now next to the posts



No comments:

Post a Comment