Our House

Our House

Monday, October 7, 2013

Decorating With Fake Pumpkins

I was at Walmart last week (I know, I know) and I found these small fake pumpkins for 97 cents each. I don't have very many fall decorations so I decided to get them to paint. I like pumpkins since they work for October and November!


I bought every kind they had. They weren't terrible as is but I thought they would look a little classier in a uniform color. I was thinking about spray painting them gold or bronze but then I found some brown metallic craft paint that I already had so I decided just to use that. It took a little bit longer than spray paint but it was free since I already had it and it only took me an hour sitting on the couch watching X Factor.


It took three light coats with a small paint brush and I really like how the color turned out. Looks pretty good for $6! And I can always spray paint them a different color another year. 

I put them in a bowl I already owned ($7 at TJ Maxx) and attempted to arrange them decoratively.




So with a quick, fun, easy, and cheap update my house is finally starting to look a bit more fall-ish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment