Our House

Our House

Friday, December 6, 2013

Tuto 2.0

Since my last tutu making I have been wanting to make another one. I thought my youngest sister's 8th birthday was a good occasion to do so. I don't know, is 8 too old for tutus? She is a small 8 year though if that makes a difference. I also bought her a shirt and pants to go with the tutu. I picked up my supplies at Walmart again and I spent $7 total. I decided to try elastic this time around for the waist. I bought 4 yards of tulle for the tutu and I used almost all of it.

Unicorns! Sorry all cell pictures in this post...
For this smaller tutu it still took me about an hour total. First I cut a piece of elastic and hand stitched it together. I used the pants I bought her as a guide for size. I then cut all of the pieces of tulle (doubling how long I wanted them to be in the end) and knotted them on the elastic. I found the elastic harder to tie the tulle on to than the ribbon I used previously. It made the knots at the top bulkier. However elastic is better/easier for fit and for keeping the tutu securely on so I think there are pluses to both methods. 



I think that Cece liked her present :). She actually got some other pink and black clothes for her birthday that  will match the tutu also. 


I made her do a fashion show for all of us afterwards.




I am pretty upset that my baby sister is already 8 years old but she will always be my baby sister. 


Well one of my baby sisters :).

No comments:

Post a Comment