Our House

Our House

Saturday, December 28, 2013

DIY Christmas Ornaments

This year for Christmas I decided to make ornaments for our friends and family. My mom always made ornaments with us growing up. We had a Christmas party at our house so I used them as party favors and then gifts on Christmas. 

I made one of these Santa ornaments last year and I had a bunch of jar lids so I decided to make these wreaths and these snowmen as well. 


For the Santa ornaments I bought a pack of small glass balls (with a 50% off coupon of course) and some red confetti. I figured that was easier than cutting up small pieces of paper and I have a ton leftover. When I made the one last year I used paint but I ended up just using sharpies. I tried a paint pen as well but the sharpie looked pretty much the same and was easier.




The wreaths took a bit longer. Tying the string on was tricky and I had to mess around with it for a while first. I didn't use glue or anything, just tied it tight. I bought the bells and string at Michael's and used the lids that I had. 



The snowmen took the longest. I used all supplies that I already had. I did a couple of coats of the white paint. If you wanted full coverage quicker I would use spray paint. Once the paint dried Pascal drilled holes in the lids for the string. We should have done this before painting because it took off some of the paint. For the faces I used a black and orange sharpie which was so easy. I like the snowmen a lot and you could do many different things to customize them, like adding buttons. I even made a police officer snowman for my uncle. 





I was really happy with the results and I thought they made nice presents. I think I will definitely make the snowmen again. I forgot to save one for our tree!


Happy 4th day of Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment