Our House

Our House

Monday, November 18, 2013

Homemade Happy Birthday Banner

Last week I wanted to get a banner for my coworker Sarah's birthday. I decided that I could probably just make one on my own instead of getting one at the dollar store. I picked out a bunch of scrapbook pages that I already had and then decided to glue it to cardboard for added stability. 


I used an Ikea and Snapfish box for the cardboard and a brochure as a template. Conclusion: Snapfish has higher quality cardboard than Ikea. 


Once I had cut out all of my cardboard squares, I cut out the scrapbook paper about an inch bigger on each side. I added slits at the corners to make it easier to wrap around the cardboard. I glued the front on and then wrapped the paper around to glue it on the back as well. 




Once everything was cut out it went pretty quickly. I just used a brown sharpie to freehand the letters and I used a gold sharpie to add some accents. I think if I did this again I would just use white paper for the base and then cut the letters out of scrapbook paper and glue them on. 

I used a hole punch to make the holes and then put the letters on the ribbon. I didn't knot the ribbon on either side of the letters. The ribbon was thick enough so the letters did not slide around. 

And finished! I really like how it turned out. I made the letters really big so I did two banners instead of one. Cost of this project: free. 


No comments:

Post a Comment